Limerick, County Limerick, Ireland
Unijobs on behalf of the Building and Estates department of the University of Limerick have a requirement for temporary grounds staff for a 6 month period. The successful candidate will we required to work from Monday to Friday and weekends when necessary. The hourly rate of pay is €14.97 working a standard 40 hours week reporting to the grounds forepersons on a daily basis.
Key duties include:
- Have experience in maintaining Shrubberies, Turfgrass & Outdoor sports facilities.
- Have a good knowledge of pruning and weed control procedures.
- Set out the markings for the playing pitches and athletic fields as required by the sports department.
- Have experience in the general routine maintenance tasks required for grounds maintenance plant and equipment.
- Organise and display equipment for sports related events on campus.
- Ensure the cleanliness of the campus as assigned by the grounds foreperson.
- Perform other tasks in connection with the maintenance and cleanliness of the grounds as assigned by the grounds foreperson.
- The ideal candidate will have a PA1 PA2 and PA3 spraying certificate.
- The ideal candidate should be able to operate tractors and grass mowing machinery.
Unijobs is an equal opportunities employer.